Day 4: Mid-day

It has been a tiring day so far. It started out with this little one discovering several uses for toilet paper, none of which were very "useful."




Then, the girls and I went to a local bookstore to meet Ree Drummond (aka The Pioneer Woman). She signed some books for us, and we also bought Grace a William Allen White book for a reading challenge she signed up for at school.


Meeting the Pioneer Woman was great! The girls got to talk to her and pose for pictures, and she gave them all High-5s (even Sydney).





Standing in line with 4 rambunctious girls for over an hour, however, was not so great. I was ready to be done after about 10 minutes! Then, Maddie loses her Dora umbrella (see above making a cameo in the pictures). The one I told her not to bring with us. The one I told her to leave in the car. The one I told her to leave in the stroller. Amongst all the chaos, I had to go back in the store and look for it. Thankfully, someone turned it in to the Lost and Found, because I had one unhappy 3-year-old. Honestly, I should have left her unhappy and used it as one of those teaching moments, but you don't get the title, "World's Best Mom" (according to Grace), with a screaming child in the backseat of your minivan.

We were going to have lunch with some friends afterward, but I decided just to come home. It was enough for one day.

At least I'm in a slightly better mood now that I've had my shake. Slightly.

On to laundry and housecleaning while I can still keep my eyes open... 

~A

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  ~Philippians 4:13 (KJV)

Comments

Popular Posts