And so it begins...

This is me.

 

Well, it's not me, per say, but a version of me. A not-so-healthy version. A "blah" me.

This is the me who has had four children. This is the me who really didn't care about losing weight after her children were born, because she knew that more children would come. This is the me who became a stay-at-home mom in May. This is the me without a shower or make-up. This is the me who has been cleaning house, running errands and chasing a 3-year-old and a 10-month-old around all day. This is the me who worries about finances. This is the me who worries that her children won't turn out "right." This is the me who really dreaded taking this selfie (note my facial expression).

And this is the me who is ready to make a change.

I've had issues with my weight and self esteem for as long as I can remember. Maybe it comes from growing up in the gymnastics world, then later the cheerleading world. Maybe it comes from having a brother who could seem to eat whatever he wanted and lose weight. Maybe it comes from all of the image propaganda out there on what a woman is supposed to look like. Maybe it's a combination of all of those things. Getting married and having children did not make things any easier.

After my fourth child was born, I decided I wasn't going to let the scale dictate my life. As long as I was comfortable and happy, I was OK. Well, I was only fooling myself, because I've never fully been comfortable or happy with my body.

So after I started staying home, I began slowly changing my eating habits - not so much what I ate as how much I ate. The scale went from 204.6 pounds to 202 pounds. And that's where it seemed to stay. Then, beginning in September, I started exercising more - walking, riding my bike, going to the park with the girls, etc. The scale went from 202 pounds to 199.6 pounds. And it's still there. I'm eating better (though, admittedly, not as good as I could be) and exercising more (not to mention I'm still nursing my baby), and I can't get that scale to budge one bit. I have felt doomed to stay at 199.6 pounds forever!

So here I am, ready to make a change. And I believe Xyngular is going to help me do it.

Comprised of shakes, juices, vitamins and probiotics, Xyngular is an all-natural weight-loss and energy-boosting regimen. I've tried just about everything over the years to manage my weight (some healthy, some not so healthy). So, I was leery at first, not wanting to get myself into a "fad" diet. But after researching the products and asking a lot of questions, I decided to give Xyngular a try.

My shipment came today. It made me happy.


To start, I will go through 8 rigorous days of cleansing, followed by a sensible weight-loss plan. I will retrain my body to effectively and efficiently process food and eliminate waste. I will flush my system of toxins and restart my metabolism. I will de-stress and increase my energy. But most importantly, I will finally kick my weight-loss into high gear and start loving the body God gave me.

Well, this is the plan, anyway.  ;-)

To help me stick to this plan, I will be posting my progress on the blog. I will also be praying... a LOT... keeping those "comfort verses" close by. Please say a prayer that this will be the answer to my weight and confidence struggles, and that I will finally be able to love the skin I'm in.

Tomorrow is Day 1. Wish me luck!

Thank you all for your support,
~A

"But you must be strong and not be discouraged.
The work that you do will be rewarded."
~2 Chronicles 15:7

Comments

Ginny McKay said…
I wish you the best in all you do!
Unknown said…
You can do it!! I'm happy you are so positive about starting. And I totally relate to the selfie (and lack of shower!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qztuEucrNBc

Popular Posts