Day 2: Morning

Today's strength verse comes from one of my favorite books in the Bible - Isaiah...

"God is my savior; I will trust Him and not be afraid. The Lord gives me power and strength; He is my savior."  ~Isaiah 12:2 (GNT)

I have to give all the glory to God, for without God's help, I would surely fail - in my marriage, in being a mom, in living the life given to me, and definitely in this lifestyle change! So, I am enjoying searching for these strength verses and spending some "free" time (what little I have) in God's word. He definitely does give me the power and strength to persevere.

This morning, I woke up sore. My body had been working all night, and I could tell! I was actually surprised that I only had to get up once during the night to go to the bathroom. When I did get up, though, I was feeling a bit nauseous. I might have to have a tiny bit of protein before bed because I hate that feeling!

So here we are - Day 2.


There are three things I notice about this picture:
  1. I have my dad's feet. Well, maybe a slightly more feminine version of them, but they definitely are my dad's...
  2. I need a pedicure... BAD (so, apologies if you are grossed out by feet)!
  3. My weight... down 3 pounds!!!
I can't believe it!!! Three pounds in one day!!! If there were any doubts before, they have now been erased! This just proves that I need to quit worrying about things and give my cares to God.

He. Will. Help. Me.

Before I sign off, I wanted to share a couple of pictures of the shakes I drink three times a day. They are so yummy! I didn't post any yesterday, so here they are:



The protein powder is vanilla-flavored and sweet. It hits the spot when it's really cold. This is a dairy-free 8-day challenge, so no 1/2% milk until later. I've never had almond milk before, but it's not too bad. I definitely think the sweetened milk would taste better, but that would defeat the purpose! Not sure if it would be something I would continue to buy or not... maybe...

I'm off to be productive for now... or not... there is a really cute 3-year-old wanting me to watch Star Wars with her. I just might have to oblige...  :-)

~A

Comments

Anonymous said…
You go girl! Delynn

Popular Posts