Day 2: Evening

Tonight has been exhausting! It's almost 9:00 and Joel is still working. Homework, dinner, bath and bedtime routines for four little ones can really take a toll when you don't have help.

Especially when said little ones don't necessarily behave or follow directions.

I was so stressed at one point that I really just wanted to take the girls' leftover mac-n-cheese and shovel it down my throat... followed by some cookie dough that may or may not have been expired (at that moment, I could have cared less).

But I had a Xypstix instead (think Crystal Light drink packet, but with super fruits and xanthones... whatever those are).

If I learned anything from that moment, it was that there is no substitute for cookie dough! And that I'm a stress eater. Yeah, a severe stress eater. No wonder I look the way I do...

This evening, I had my first (of many, I'm sure) "this diet sucks" moment. So I plowed through it as best I could. I would have turned to scripture, but I didn't have time to break out the Bible. So, I muttered a little prayer under my breath, that might have included the phrase, "Please don't let me kill my children!"  :-/

Today was a better day in terms of not being so hungry and also finishing all my water. It's slowly starting to get easier. Today's afternoon snack was 5 ounces of tuna. Sure wish it was more filling. It was so lackluster that I couldn't even muster a picture. Looked just like my chicken yesterday, except it was... well... tuna.

As I sit here in semi-silence, kids finally in bed, I'm reflecting on everything I still have to do before I go to bed. Tomorrow is Grace's field trip at school. I'm going. So are Maddie and Sydney. That should be interesting. I will have to pre-package my meals. Of course the field trip has to be this week. At least tomorrow is a "carb" day, so I don't have to mess with taking my shake stuff with me. But I still have to pack a diaper bag, an activity bag (the trip is kind of far) and a cooler.

*sigh*

Guess it's time for me to get back up and get to work. Until tomorrow...

~A 

"God is my savior; I will trust Him and not be afraid. The Lord gives me power and strength; He is my savior." ~Isaiah 12:2 (GNT)

Comments

Popular Posts