Day 3: Evening (and some field trip pictures)

Well, I'm not going to say that everything went great today, because that would be a big, fat lie! So, I'll just say that it's nearly impossible to do a regimen this extensive while on a field trip with your daughter! I did get some good walking exercise, but my eating and supplement schedule got all out of whack. It was a "carb" day, so I got to add a small amount of "real food" back into my diet. That helped, I think. I actually felt somewhat "normal" again.

Man, I just looked at those last couple of sentences and realized I'm in love with quotation marks...

Anyway, the "bad" (there I go again) part of the day was looking at my water gallon at 4:00 and seeing this:


Yep... only about 1/2 gone and it was almost dinner time. Epic fail!!!

And so, the day has passed and I'm having a chance to look through the field trip photos, and I am so thankful that I went. Diet or not, the most important thing was that I was spending time with my daughters and making memories with them.

Best feeling in the world.







And, poor Sydney. She was a trooper today. She spent 90 minutes in the car seat on the way there (closer to 2 hours if you count the time we were waiting at the school to leave), spent most of the day in the stroller, then another 90 minutes in the car seat on the way home. I felt so bad for her, that even though we had spent the majority of the day outside already, I let her roam around on the driveway for awhile just to she could stretch her legs.

I have to post these next couple of pictures, because they are so darn funny. Hopefully, you can see the little white dots all over our driveway (you might have to click to enlarge). These "trails" were from Sydney crawling all over with a piece of sidewalk chalk in her hand. When I tried to take it away from her, she screamed, so I just let her keep it. It was her turn to have some fun...  :-)



And that was my Day 3.

I'm tired. In need of a shower. Slightly cranky (okay, maybe more than slightly). This momma is cleaning up and going to bed!

Until tomorrow,
~A 

"But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not grow weak."  ~Isaiah 40:31 (GNT)

Comments

Popular Posts