God is good!!!

I love getting mail. I especially love getting mail from friends and family who I don't get to see or talk to very often. I want to share with everyone a special e-mail I received yesterday (and I hope the senders don't mind). It is from Joel's great aunt and uncle Florence and Les Dearing. They live in Pennsylvania, so you can imagine how often we get to see them! It really touched me. I encourage everyone reading this to send a similar letter or message to someone you love.

God's blessings to you all,
~Amber


--- On Fri, 1/23/09, Leslie Dearing wrote: ---

Dear Amber,

We appreciated so much to hear from you; and for your sharing your testimony with us.

It was great to visit briefly with you and Joel at Justin and Samantha’s wedding. We enjoyed seeing the pictures of your precious little ones.

We were just blessed with our first “great” grand child. A little girl was born December 27, 2008, to our grandson Daniel and his wife Jennifer. They named her Michelle Shu Rong Longley. Jen is Chinese so the middle name is to relate Michelle to her Chinese heritage, and the name means “God’s Appearance.”

We are both well and keeping warm from the snow and cold. Uncle Les is attending tax preparation classes. He helps people prepare their income tax returns. He likes it so much, he does it voluntarily.

Amber your testimony arrived at an appropriate time. I was leading a Women’s Bible Study in the book of Colossians. Lesson # 7 was based on Colossians 4:2 – 18. We were also asked to read four prayers that Paul wrote while in prison: Ephesians 1:15 – 23; 3:14 – 21; Philippians 1:9 -11; Colossians 1:9 – 12. After reading these scriptures, we were asked to select one of the prayers; then rewrite the prayer, personalizing it to our friend or family member. The prayer was to be our desire for God to answer in the life of a friend or family member. When I was preparing Lesson # 7, we received your testimony. So here is my prayer for you as a member of family:


I cannot stop thanking God for your sharing your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Remembering you in my prayers, I ask that God may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. May you experience His strength in your life. I pray that the eyes of your heart maybe enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you. “giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of saints in the kingdom of light. (Colossians 1:12).” Amen.

Thanks to God for His timing; just when I needed inspiration.

So keep in touch. We both enjoy and are encouraged to hear from the younger generation.

Amber, we sure did appreciate your blog about the media being in bed with the party now in the administration.

Our love to you, Joel, Natalie and Grace.

Florence and Les Dearing

Comments

Popular Posts