Lawrence

On July 31st, Joel, Maddie and I went to Lawrence, KS, for the day. We went to a wedding (one of my former Cap Fed colleagues and dear friend, Kyle), hung out with some good friends (Eric and Larisa Kimuri and kids) and ate at my brother's restaurant, Tellers. I love going to Lawrence to hang out - there are so many neat shops, restaurants and places to visit. Plus, having a chef for a brother is awesome when I get hungry! He's an AMAZING cook, and his restaurant is one of my favorites (but I guess I'm a little biased).

Grace and Natalie got to spend the day/night with Grandma and Grandpa Koehn. Here they are with their new back packs, or "pa-packs" as Natalie calls them:


After dropping them off, we were on our way (Maddie's first road trip!). Our first stop in Lawrence was "First Watch" for some brunch. I used to eat at this place a lot when I went to KU. It's very similar to Manhattan's "Early Edition." They're only open in the morning until 2 p.m. VERY tasty (and reasonably priced)!!!


After brunch, we went to my brother's house to change for the wedding. Here are a couple of pictures from the wedding. It was at the Eldridge Hotel on Massachusetts Street, just up the block from Tellers.

My friend Kyle, his new wife, Cindee, me, Joel and Maddie.

After the wedding, Joel and I went back to my brother's to change, then headed to Eric and Larisa's house. Larisa just had a baby on May 28, one month before Maddie was born. She named him Henry. He is a cutie, a BIG cutie! He was over 9 pounds at birth and was around 14 pounds at 2 months when we saw him. He was definitely a lot bigger than our Maddie, but she will get there soon enough! :-)

Here is a link to last year's Lawrence post when we visited the Kimuris. They went to dinner with us at Tellers last year and this year, so it was nice getting to spend time with them again over good food, good drink and good conversation. :-)

And, here are a couple of pictures from this year - one of Eric and Larisa's oldest boy, Gabe, holding Maddie; one of Maddie and Henry having some tummy time together; and one of Joel reading a bedtime story to Gabe and the middle child, Morgan:


Overall, it was a short, but very nice trip. Maddie was well-behaved and we were able to enjoy the company of several great friends. Will we make it 3 years in a row? We're considering it - and considering taking all 3 girls next time.

The key word is "considering"...

:-)

Comments

Popular Posts