9 years!

On August 4th, Joel and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. We decided to try a place we had never been to for dinner, so we went to Carraba's, then to a movie at the Warren Theater. We saw "Inception," which was a VERY good movie! Grace and Natalie spent the evening with Grandma and Grandpa Koehn, but Maddie tagged along since I'm nursing. So, it wasn't a totally kid-free evening, but having the baby along wasn't bad at all. She was quiet the entire time. :-)

At dinner, we ordered fried zucchini (YUM!) for an appetizer (see picture below). Joel had the Seafood Cannelloni, which was lobster, shrimp and scallops, blended with roasted garlic and chives, topped with shrimp and a light tomato cream sauce. I had the Filet Marsala, which was a 9 oz. center-cut filet, topped with mushrooms, prosciutto and Lombardo Marsala wine sauce. It was incredible! For dessert, I ordered Bacino, which is “Little kisses” in Italian. It is a mini-dessert. They had a few to choose from. I got the chocolate coconut mousse. It was served in something slightly larger than a shot glass, which was good because I didn't want a whole lot. It was really rich - chocolate mousse with pecans and a fudge crust with toasted coconut on top - DIVINE!!! I begrudgingly let Joel have a bite. :-)

Here are some pics from the evening. I wish I would've taken more (one of my yummy dessert would have been neat). I guess I was just too sidetracked...


It hardly seems like we've been married for 9 years (together for 12 1/2). Joel really is a wonderful man and a great father to our 3 girls. He works very hard to keep a roof over our head and food on our table. He is studying for his bachelor's degree in accounting. He is the lone male in a house full of Estrogen. He has conservative morals and values. He loves his family. He really is amazing. I love him more and more every day.

Happy anniversary Joel! I love you! Here's hoping for many more years of wedded bliss! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts