As She Grows - Month 2

Maddie was 2 months old yesterday. Kind of hard to believe. Here's what she's been up to this past month:

Lots of cooing and making sounds, lots of big, toothless grins, holding her head up really well (very alert), kicking and reaching, filling out nicely (her 9-week check-up is tomorrow, so I will update the blog with her stats, but she is close to 12 pounds), recognizing mommy and daddy - mostly mommy, discovering her tongue and the ability to make spit bubbles (she hasn't figured out yet how to blow them, so they just run down her chin at this point), developing a severe case of what her Uncle Marc and Aunt Sarah have coined as "Hyper Mommy-itis" (I will explain this in another post), catching her first cold :-( , and sleeping 3-5 hours at a time... I really like the 5-hr. nights... :-)

You may remember this post from last month. My creative sister-in-law took a picture of my nephew Luke in the same spot every month for 2 years to see how much he had grown. So, I decided to do this with Madeline. Here she is at 1 month:


And here she is at 2 months:


She apparently likes her legs a certain way. Such a happy baby... :-)

We love you, Maddie-cakes!!!

Comments

She has grown a lot from month one to month two! And yes, she must like her legs a certain way. AND, lastly, I'm sorry if "Hyper-Mommitis" has spread to your family (but actually, as a mom, it's not such a bad thing -- it's nice to be wanted like that -- as long as it doesn't go until age 25).
Sara said…
SO cute! I love the baby chubs so much! I need to come see her to get some squeezes in soon! :)
Raising Koehns said…
When you get a free weekend, we'd love to see you. I go back to work on 9/22. :-)

Popular Posts