Lawrence

On July 31 - Aug. 1, Joel and I took a short trip to Lawrence/KC. The girls split their time with both sets of grandparents. It was a nice little get-away, though my brother sweet-talked us into helping him move (what a way to spend vacation - but, seriously, we love you, Shawn)! We also got to see longtime friends Eric and Larisa Kimuri and their kids, Gabe and Morgan. Here are some pics from the trip:


First, we had to stop at a Target to see if they had a battery for my digital camera. I forgot to pack my extra one and was afraid my battery would die mid-trip. Alas, no battery was found, but we did stumble upon this diddy of a book. Joel and I call it: "The Hitler Youth Book 2009!"

We made our way to the Plaza in KC, where we did a little window shopping (love me some Pottery Barn) and ate at a yummy BBQ place - Jack Stack BBQ:


Then it was off to Lawrence. We stayed at the Holiday Inn (sorry, forgot to take a picture). Once we got checked in, it was time for a quick nap, then out on the town with my brother and friends Eric and Larisa. First, we ate at Tellers (picture later on in post), then we went to Louise's for some pool and beer:


The next day was super-busy! We got up in the morning, checked out of the hotel and proceeded to help my brother move to his new house. Here is a picture of his new digs:


Then we went to Eric and Larisa's to pick up Larisa, Gabe and Morgan for lunch. Eric had to work, so he was not able to join us. Larisa took us to a really good Irish bar and grill - Dempsey's. I had the pancetta burger and Joel had the Kobe burger. We topped our meal off with some french fries in truffle butter sauce and parmesan cheese. YUM!!!


Then it was off to Massachusetts (Mass) Street for some shopping. First, we went to the Dusty Bookshelf and got some books for the girls. I could've stayed in that store all day if Joel would've let me:


Then, we saw a street clown making balloon animals. He said he could make anything, so Gabe and Morgan requested "Jayhawk masks." Here are Joel and Larisa (with Gabe) modeling the masks:


Then, we went to a candy store and a toy store - again, all for the girls. On our way back to the car, I snagged a photo of Teller's Restaurant (where Shawn works as Executive Chef) and a Mass St. sign:


We were really tired by then, so we stopped back by my brother's house to say goodbye, then we made a quick drive through the KU campus and it was back to Rose Hill for us! What a great (but short) trip!!!

Comments

Popular Posts