From the mouths of babes...

On Aug. 23, the children's church choir that I direct began its 2009-2010 season. The choir I direct is for kids ages 4-2nd grade. It's called "Jubilee Jr." There is a "Jubilee Sr." choir for kids ages 3rd-5th grade. We had a combined kick-off party with games, food and singing. The parents were also invited to participate. We had a really great time, and it reminded me about all the joy that can be found in the simplest things.

"I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." ~Psalm 9:2

Here's some pictures. On a side note, since Grace is now 4, she can come sing with my choir. It has been awesome having her there. She gets such delight out of music! :-) If you look real closely in one of the pictures, you will see Natalie in on the action, as well!


Grace enjoyed the "spoon" game - I think because she got to play with water! The last picture is of a special friend of mine, Phil Newman. Phil was one of my youth leaders when I was in Jr. High/High School. He also happened to be my band teacher from 5th grade-senior year. Phil and his family and I go way back. He is a very special person to me and one of my mentors in my faith journey. I had to snap a photo of him trying not to spill his water. LOVE the expression on his face!!!

Thanks for a great day, everyone! Here's to a wonderful choir season!!! :-D

Comments

Popular Posts