Dancing Queen(s)

The Derby Relay for Life was last night. Cap Fed again had a booth at the event. This was the first year for Derby to have their own Relay, so none of us were quite sure what to expect. Only 3 of us volunteered at our booth, but luckily, it was right next to the DJ, so at least we were all kept entertained. Here is a video of Natalie cutting a rug:



Here is a video of Grace, Natalie and Samantha (the daughter of another Cap Fed manager). I'm not sure what the fascination was with this iron slab, but the girls danced on it the majority of the night. I guess its purpose for the evening was a makeshift dance floor, but all night we were wondering what exactly it was and why it was there. Perhaps we'll never know...



The event really was different from the Wichita event, so I'm glad I was able to participate. There was no "track," but baseball diamonds instead. The "course" consisted of a Figure 8 between two of the baseball diamonds. The other two diamonds were used for a softball tournament. The entry fees from the teams went to the American Cancer Society. I even ran into some high school friends who were there for the tournament. I am so lucky to work for a company who believes so much in giving back to the communities it serves.

Here's a picture of the 3 volunteers: Katrina (the manager of the Derby branch and Sam's mom), Staci (the senior teller at Derby) and me. Of course, I just spent a good portion of the summer at the Derby branch as part of my management rotation, so I enjoyed these two ladies' company.


One event I did not snap a picture of was Grace, Natalie and Sam chasing around a toad (poor thing). They never touched it, but they would stomp to get it to hop, then they'd squeal and laugh (as only little girls know how) and run around in circles. Too cute!!! :-)

After a few hours of dancing, toad chasing, softball watching and some yummy Sno Cones, we decided to pack it up. Thanks, everyone, for a great night! I've already marked my calendar for next year!

Comments

Popular Posts