Haircuts, by Mom

I have been trying to talk Grace into getting her hair cut again for awhile now. It has been over a year since her first hair cut (which she did not like one bit). Her hair had grown back out and she was getting quite a few rats in it again.

She always complained when it was time to brush her hair. I would keep telling her: "It's either the rats or a hair cut." She always sided with the rats. One day recently, she told me we could cut her hair when it got warmer outside. I asked her how warm. She said: "Hot, like when we go swimming!"

Well, I was getting too frustrated when we were getting ready in the mornings because Grace hated brushing her hair. I finally said: "Grace, if mommy cuts her own hair, will you let me cut yours?" That finally peaked her interest. She had to ask me several times: "Does it hurt?" And I would always tell her no and ask her to remember her first hair cut and how it didn't hurt.

Last night, I let her watch me cut my bangs. She thought that was pretty cool, so I talked her into letting me cut her hair. Normally, we would have gone to have a professional do it, but I didn't want to take any chances of her changing her mind!

In my excitement, I forgot to take a "before" picture, so here is one from a few weeks ago:


Six or seven inches later, here's what we ended up with:


Not too bad for my first attempt, if I do say so myself. She was SO proud of it, too. She couldn't stop looking in the mirror, and today at school she had to show everyone she saw. She admitted it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be! :-)

Well, Natalie couldn't be left out. She kept saying: "I too hair cut, too." I didn't want to attempt a full-blown style with her because I knew she wouldn't sit still long enough, so we just did bangs. It was her first-ever trim... :-)


Grace had to get a couple of pictures of me trimming Natalie's bangs. She loves to use my camera!


We were up later than I really wanted to be, but we had fun playing "beauty shop." :-)

Comments

Very impressive, Amber :) They are cute.

Popular Posts