Last Friday...

On the weekends, the girls and I like to do fun things with Daddy because he doesn't get to spend that much time with them during the week. Last Friday, we went to Sumo in Wichita for a belated birthday dinner for my mom. This is probably my mom's and my favorite Wichita eatery. Joel and I were brave and decided to take the girls (sometimes they don't do well in restaurants). Our gamble paid off - they were really well-behaved. :-)

We all huddled around the grill, and Grace wanted a picture of her using these "kid" chopsticks they gave us. When I went to get the camera, she decided the sticks weren't for her and opted for her fork instead:


She LOVED the rice!!!

And, just so Natalie isn't left out, here's one of her devouring her own rice:


Then, we took some family shots before our meal was finished cooking:


In case you're wondering, Maddie loved the meal, too. She was VERY active the rest of the night!

-----------------------------------

After dinner, we needed to stop somewhere and get Grace a present to take to a birthday party the next day. Target was right up the road, so we stopped there. The girls love to just browse the aisles in Target. Usually, I'm in a hurry and don't really let them waste too much time, but that night we had nowhere else to be, so we let them have some fun.

We looked at all kinds of toys and dress-up clothes and games. We also looked at movies and CDs. The girls had the most fun in the aisles that included the hula-hoops (which we ended up buying 2 of) and the bikes/trikes. Here are a couple of pictures on this small green tractor/bike thing. It was the only display model set up that the girls could ride. I apologize to the "there is no such thing as Global Warming" crowd. Joel tried to rip the tag off the bike, but I wouldn't let him...


It wasn't a completely "leisurely" trip - the girls also got their Easter dresses and we picked up a few other "necessities."

Afterward, we stopped at Sonic for a drink, at which I had to go through the drive-thru twice because the first time, I spilled Natalie's apple juice all over the front seat of my car. :-(

After that, it was home, bath time and bed!!!

Comments

Popular Posts