Labor Day 2010

This year for Labor Day, Joel, me and the girls went over to my parents' house for lunch. My dad's parents, who live in Derby, were also there. This is significant, because my grandmother has Alzheimer's Disease. She still has a fairly good long-term memory and can recognize people, but her short-term memory is virtually gone. She has her good and bad days, but she doesn't feel well often, and my grandparents don't usually get out when she's under the weather. I'm glad they were able to come over to see us and Maddie.


For lunch, we had steak, potato salad, Miller's baked beans (yummy), cole slaw, rolls, watermelon and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Everyone was stuffed! Maddie celebrated her Labor Day with some "Grandma Time" and a nap:


It was a great lunch spent with family. Wish I would've taken more pictures. Oh, well. Next time... :-)

Comments

Popular Posts