First day of preschool

Since Grace has a summer birthday, we decided to wait a year before sending her to kindergarten. We enrolled her in a preschool class (M, W, F - 9:00-11:30) at her day care to give her something extra to do and to help prepare her for the next step. The center is an outreach of our church, so I know she is in great hands! Plus, she and Natalie have been going to day care there for several years, so she is already familiar with the environment.

Wednesday was her first day, and she was SUPER EXCITED!


After arriving, her teacher told her the first thing they do every morning was get books off the shelf and sit on the reading mat. Grace really liked this idea! It also helped that she had a friend, Anthen, in class with her. It didn't take her long before she was kissing and hugging me and telling me to leave. :-)


To pass the time while Grace was in class, Natalie, Maddie and I went to Target to look around for awhile. I also grabbed a Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino, sans whipped cream (my favorite) while we were browsing. Maddie slept the entire time, but Natalie and I looked at the purses, jewelry, sunglasses, toys (EVERY aisle!!!) and Halloween costumes.


Natalie had some good one-on-one time with Mommy, which was good for her since she didn't quite understand why Grace got to go to preschool and she didn't. She almost didn't want to leave to go pick Grace up. :-)

Comments

I can't believe how grown-up Grace looks in that first photo...Glad she enjoyed preschool.

Popular Posts