Day 8: Evening (AAAAAAND, I'M SPENT!)

"Be alert, stand firm in the faith, be brave, be strong."
~1 Corinthians 16:13 (GNT)

I love Fall. The cooler weather. The colors changing. The food... seriously, apples and pumpkins and turkeys, oh my! There are so many wonderful recipes for this time of year that it's no wonder people gain the most weight from October to December. Moderation is definitely key during this time.

I am a fan of the food blog Oh, Bite It, where a culinary genius (though she claims not to be) named Amy concocts the most sinful of sweet treats (and a few other things, too). I have pinned several of her recipes to my Pinterest account, and I peruse her blog almost on a daily basis. However, since I've been on this diet, I have opted to skip that daily activity because the temptation would just be too much.

Well, today on Facebook, she posted this lovely little cookie recipe - apple pie cookies. Or, as I like to call them - Amber's Dream Cookies. This recipe takes apple pie and shrinks it into cookie size. Dangerous for any diet, for sure! However, I'm thinking these might save me from eating a big slice of pie when I can get my sweet fix in a smaller cookie.

Again, moderation is key.


Definitely making these...

Anyway, I guess my point in all of this is that Fall is a brutal time to go on a diet. But, I've got to start somewhere, right? And, I know that if I can make it through the holidays, I can make it through any time of year. What a test right off the bat, though...

I have my second cardio class tomorrow. It's actually more than cardio - we get some core work and muscle toning, as well. I was so sore today in my back and shoulders. What better way to relieve that than lugging water hoses and sprinklers around our giant corner lot all day? Yeah, we aerated and overseeded today, so we had to water everything, at least to set it. I'm sure I'll be doing it all again tomorrow, only tomorrow, I'm going to be wiped out from class.

At least I'll be burning calories, right?

Today was a protein-only day, and I'm starving! I really want one of the leftover cookies I made last night for Grace's Brownie meeting.

{{language alert}}


Yeah, that picture doesn't even say it all, because I haven't even been able to have fruit the past 8 days...

Learning to practice control.


But I still want cookies... apple pie cookies... I'm done with this cleanse for now. Completely spent.

Will post final results and info after class tomorrow. Be sure to tune in!

Night night,
~A

Comments

Popular Posts