The B-I-B-L-E, yes that's the book for me...

In my post about Christmas, I didn't go into detail about the gifts we all received, because I believe that's not what we should be glorifying. However, I would like to take a few minutes to blog about the gift my husband got for me - a new Bible.

For a couple of years now, I've been thinking about purchasing a new Bible. The one I had was from my high school graduation and still said "Amber Miller" on it. But, it was still in good condition, so I chose not to spend the money.

Well, this year for Christmas, I asked for a new Bible with a case I could put it in. I've never had a case to protect my Bible or put all of my papers in. I actually told my parents this is what I wanted, so they went out and bought me a Bible and case.

However, before we went to their house to open gifts, Joel presented me with a Bible he bought for me. Here all this time I was hesitant to get a new one and I get 2 in one day! However, the Bible Joel got me has my married name printed on it, which really touched me. It's black with silver on the pages and silver writing.

Both of the Bibles are "study" Bibles. A "study" Bible contains the full text of the Bible, along with a library of study features to help you more completely grasp and understand what the text is saying. These notes introduce and explain a wide variety of background information to the Biblical text, providing deeper insights for individuals who are ready to devote themselves to the serious study of the text (according to the introduction in the front of my book). It's a really cool Bible.

My husband is not what you would call "spiritual" by any means. So, this gift really caught me off guard and I couldn't be more grateful. I ended up keeping the Bible he got me with my name and the case my parents got. I will be going shopping with my mom to pick out something in place of their Bible, but that's not saying I don't appreciate the Bible they got for me, because I do.

Here is a picture of my old Bible - still in good condition, but stuffed full of papers and notes:


And here is a picture of my new Bible and case - much more organized!


Now all I need to do is take the time to transfer all my notes and markings to the new Bible - that might take awhile! :-)

Thank you, Joel, mom and dad, for the thoughtful gifts...

Comments

Popular Posts