Trains, Trains and More Trains

On Saturday, Joel's parents watched the girls while we both were working, and took them to the annual Train Show and Swap Meet in Wichita. Joel's dad is a HUGE train enthusiast. Consequently, so is my dad. I always told Joel it must have been fate that both of our dads just happened to have the same hobby. They both have done a great job of passing on their love of trains to the girls.

Anyway, since Joel and I couldn't go, I borrowed these 2 pictures from my sister-in-law Sarah's blog. She and her husband, Marc, took their son Luke. Grace seemed to really enjoy riding this train, which you had to make go with your arms. Grace kept pedaling her arms all afternoon to show me how the train went. Natalie was just content to watch her sister, and look at all of the model trains on display. Her first words to me when I picked them up: "Racie ride a choo-choo!"


And, just for fun, here are a few pictures from last year's event, in which Joel and I were able to attend...

Natalie checking out how everything works...

"A choo-choo! A choo-choo!"

After the train show, Grace told her Grandma that she wanted pizza (what else is new?). Since I was about to get off work in Derby, they met me at one of my favorite pizza joints, Pizza John's. I can remember going to this place with my grandparents when I was a little girl. It is a family-owned place that has been open since 1969. Next to Gambino's Pizza, it's probably my favorite. :-)

Wonder what will be in store next year...

Comments

Popular Posts