Change I don't want to believe in...

Joel and I took my Chevy Trail Blazer into the shop today to get worked on. For the last several months, there has been a strange clicking sound every time I turn on either the defroster or the air conditioner. The service technician said something about a vent door mode switch or something technical like that. Anyway, the diagnosis took longer than expected, so my car was not ready this evening when we went to pick it up. After determining that our extended warranty covered a rental car, the dealership called Enterprise and had one of their employees bring me a car.

You can definitely tell it was paid for by the warranty. I'm thinking it's going to be something comparable to what I currently drive (I love my Trail Blazer). But, no. After signing all the paperwork, we go outside and what is there to greet me? A bright yellow Chevy Aveo. Power nothing. Tilt nothing. Stereo equipment that sounds worse than my handheld Walkman.

Joel was about to drop to the ground and roll around in a fit of laughter.

On the way home, we kept calling each other on our cell phones (he was in his truck) and making jokes about the car. But, I guess I can't complain too much. I'm just lucky to have a car to drive. I know there are less fortunate souls out there who would give anything for a bright yellow Aveo.

So here I am, with my rental car, secretly hoping I only have to drive it around for 1 day. You know, it says a lot about a car when I'm 5'4" tall and the roof only comes to my shoulders. Sadly, if Obama gets his way, we'll all be driving cars like this in the future (or worse, the "SMART" car... YIKES!!!)...

Comments

Can I just say, "LOVELY CAR, AMBER." Joel called me, laughing about the whole thing. He and I had just had a conversation that morning about rentals. I agree. It is sad when you're 5'4", and the car comes to your shoulders.

Popular Posts