2009 Mother/Daughter Banquet

Tonight was my church's annual Mother/Daughter banquet. The theme was "Wishing on a Star." My mom and I went and left the girls with a friend from church who has 2 boys. We tried taking them last year and it was just too much for them to sit through. We didn't get to enjoy the program. This year was much better. I picked up my mom first, then we dropped the girls off. On the way to my friend's house, Grace remarked, "Grandma, we're going to play with boys." Too funny!

For dinner, we had catered food from a really good restaurant in Rose Hill called Louis' Cafe. We had tossed salad, boneless ribs, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans and a dinner roll. For dessert, we had a pear dumpling with vanilla ice cream. It was all very wonderful! The evening's entertainment was a woman's barbershop quartet called "Classy." They all are part of the local Sweet Adeline's singing group. We also played a game using words and phrases about stars and wishing, etc., to go along with the theme. I won a door prize (I'm on a roll!!!). I got to pick what I wanted, so I was nice and got something for the girls to share since they couldn't come. I got them a Tinkerbell nail art kit with jewels, stickers, a file and polish. Of course, when my mom and I went to pick them up after the banquet, they fought over it most of the way home. By the end, though, they were sharing nicely (thanks to a LOT of praise from my mom).

Here's a photo of us from the banquet. Please excuse the graininess as it was a printed photo that I had to scan...


It was a really enjoyable evening with just me and my mom. Thanks for being my date, Mom! Love you!!!

Comments

Popular Posts