Odds and Ends...

First, let me profess my faliability by saying HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to my sister-in-law, Sarah. Her big day was yesterday. I'm a tad behind, which I'm finding evermore common these days... :-)

Next, Joel and I finally have our taxes completed. I did them because I apparently wear the pants in our household - Joel just stands there and looks pretty. :-) They were actually pretty easy, and I finished in about an hour and 20 minutes. While I wish I could say we're going to use the money to stimulate the economy, we've got some bills that are first priority. And while I wish this chore was not a part of my civic duties, I am a good and faithful citizen to this country, even though many are not... (cough)Tom Daschel(cough)...

As for this Internet thing, this is also something I'm faithful about. I am really getting addicted to Facebook. I have found so many people and reconnected with them - it's amazing what a small world we really do live in. And I can't forget this blog - how would I ever go on without this to keep me sane? :-)

My sister-in-law posted a picture of an item she bought off of Etsy for the Cora Playground fundraiser (see pink button at the top of the page). I have ordered two items, but I haven't received them yet. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. I purchased some cute pink polka-dot hair clips for the girls and a necklace for myself. The necklace is made out of a wooden Scrabble block and has Chinese symbols that spell "blessed." I truly am blessed, and sometimes I take my wonderful life for granted. God works in mysterious ways (is Cora's story any stronger evidence of that?), and sometimes I forget to stop and appreciate the everyday things God has given to me. I do try every day to lead the best Christian life I can, and I hope others heed my example. The following verses help keep me in check when I am stressed or emotionally challenged:

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17)

I also want to share an e-mail that was sent to me by some friends from church:

To: YOU
Date : TODAY
From : GOD
Subject : YOURSELF
Reference : LIFE

This is God. Today I will be handling All of your problems for you. I do not need your help. So, have a nice day. I love you.

P.S. Remember... If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it yourself! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours. Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.

Have a nice day,
God



awesome...

Comments

Popular Posts