Jewelry, cookies and a bell

Last night, the girls and I attended a Premier Jewelry fundraiser for Joel and Jessica McClenahan, the parents of sweet Cora Paige who lost her battle with cancer last month. The evening was wonderful, with stories of the family, fellowship and jewelry (fashion show, too!).

I went with my sister-in-law, Sarah, who goes to church with Joel and Jess. I ended up purchasing two necklaces. 50% of the proceeds were going straight to Joel and Jess to help with accrued expenses. Yesterday marked Cora's 1st birthday, so I'm sure it was a tough day all around for the family. I hope they know how many people were at the party celebrating Cora and lifting them all up in their thoughts and prayers.

Grace and Natalie really didn't know what was going on, only that there were cookies there, and another little girl, Ava, with whom they could play. I use the word "play" only figuratively, because the girls were so wound up and running all over the place. At one point in the evening, Ava found a bell and all three girls were taking turns ringing it (or shaking it to oblivion).

Overall, it was a nice evening. On the way home, Grace said her tummy was sick because she ate too many cookies. She also said, "Mommy, Ava's my friend." To which I replied, "Really? Don't you mean 'Partner in Crime'?" I don't think she got it...


Here's the girls actually paying attention to part of the program. This lasted only a few seconds...

Comments

Popular Posts