A fun Saturday outdoors

Because of my job, I have the (unfortunate) assignment of working two Saturdays a month. On those weekends, time goes by so fast, and I cherish the time with my girls that much more. Today, I had to work, so when the girls and I got home (they played "trains" with Grandma and Grandpa Koehn while I worked), it was nice enough outside for us to hang out for a while.

First, I had some tulips that needed planting, so I went ahead and did that while the girls played in the rocks (naturally). Actually, while I wasn't looking, they were transferring the rocks to the yard, so then I had to try and get as much as I could back into the rock bed (*argh*).



Then, the girls decided they would help sweep the garage. They were very good little helpers if you ask me.



When they were done sweeping, they began straddling the brooms like witches (more along their personality lines... just kidding...).




The short attention spans did not stop there, as they then proceeded to get out the sidewalk chalk and scribble awhile. Grace wrote her name and Natalie's name, and in all honesty, some of the letters are actually legible. Way to go, Gracie!


Natalie's name

Grace's name

After a long afternoon of playing, they decided to sit and rest awhile.



You'd think they'd be worn out and ready for a nap after all of the activities, but they did not nap (and they are STILL not napping). We're going to have to get out the crank-o-meter tonight!!!

Comments

Popular Posts