Birthday dinners...

Last night, we all went to Newton to have a combined birthday dinner for Joel and his sister, Sarah. Sarah's birthday was a couple of weeks ago, but Joel's birthday actually isn't until April. However, it's so hard for all of us to find time to get together that we sometimes have to have multiple celebrations on one night.

Our dinner consisted of enchiladas, 7-layer dip, cheesy corn bake and graham cracker pudding. For dessert, I made a homemade carrot cake (wish I would've gotten a picture before it was devoured). But, I did manage to snap a few pics of some other things:

Here's a picture of the kiddos playing on the floor before dinner - Grace, Luke and Natalie

Here they are after dinner, hanging out on the couch

Here's Natalie on a horse she found. Sarah said the horse was a white elephant gift from a recent Christmas party - it was pretty cool if you ask the girls! It made galloping sounds and it neighed.

Of course, Grace couldn't let Natalie play with something without her also having to do it, so here she is on the horse. Right after this picture was taken, a fight ensued!

Since I'm usually the one taking the pictures and I never get to be in them, I had Joel snap this one of me and Luke. He was 8 months old yesterday and he weighs 20 lbs.! He's getting to be such a big boy!

Of course, it wouldn't be a Koehn/Friesen family dinner without some gaseous emissions from the guys and the obligatory talk of poop (why are men so fascinated with that stuff???). To add to the hysteria, Joel received a book called, "What's Your Poo Telling You?" from his parents. Here's Joel, reading some snip-its. Even I will admit that some of the stuff in the book was pretty funny. I suppose now he's going to be quoting it to me all the time... :-)

Comments

Popular Posts