If you build it, they will call...

This has been "Get In Touch With Amber" week, and I gotta tell you, I have really enjoyed racking up the minutes on my cell phone (I have AT&T, so I get rollover minutes, anyway)!

Three out-of-town friends (one of whom I haven't talked to since Oct. 2007) have called me in the past few days, and one good friend e-mailed me to see how I was doing (my previous posts must have alarmed her). All of these people have played a crucial role in the person I have become today, so I want to take some time to thank them for still caring (even though I am lousy sometimes at keeping in touch).

After I graduated from high school, I tried to distance myself from those in my past - tried to get away and make a fresh start - but I regret not keeping those I loved close. I lost a lot of good friends because I neglected to keep in touch, but I am trying to make up for it now. I hope I haven't wasted too much time...

It's also sad when you make a really great friend and that person is the one to leave, not you. You make promises to always keep in touch, but slowly, those promises fade and all you have are memories.

I miss so many people right now - words really can't explain what I'm feeling. I just hope they miss me as much as I miss them...

~A

Comments

Popular Posts