A letter to my children...

I will look after you because I made you.

I won't let you fall over - I will show you the way to go.

I'll look after you while you sleep; I'll sit beside your bed.

I won't smother you, but I will keep an eye on you.

I'll provide all you need - the sun and moon are mine to command!

I will let you live your life, I won't interfere, but I'll keep in touch, show an interest, make suggestions, offer guidance when necessary, be concerned.

Wherever you go I will be there for you because you are my precious child.

I want you to stand on your own two feet, to use the intelligence I gave you to make decisions, act wisely, to be mature, bold and courageous.

But don't forget you are still my child and you can come to me to be held, loved, to cry on my shoulder.

I will never undermine you, manipulate you or put you down.

You will never disappoint me by being yourself.

My only ambition is that you may live as a child of light, of joy, in this world and the next.

Inspired by Psalm 121

Comments

Popular Posts