Class reunions and other obligatory things

Summertime seems to always bring all of these extra activities that you really aren't prepared for, but do anyway. It seems all of us are living a life on the other end of the spectrum from my sister-in-law. She has been put on restrticted activity for her pregnancy (she's due Aug. 1). Yes, we're going to have a little nephew to play with - that should balance out all of the estrogen our family brings to the get-togethers (or so Joel says). But I digress...

Anyway, we have been so busy with work and life in general this summer. As part of my job at the bank, I am on a rotating management schedule. So, every so often, I have to pack up all of my things and move to a different branch. If I can't say anything else about it, I will say that it keeps things "fresh." This past Monday I moved again, but it was back to the branch where I began my Cap Fed career, so I am really happy about the change. It's been wonderful seeing all of my former customers (some of whom have kept in touch), and the manager (aka: my boss) is a really super guy. It's going to be a great career move, I believe.

I've also been busy teaching Sunday school at my church. I usually teach the 3 & 4 year olds, but for the summer since classes are smaller, we combined age groups and I have the 3 yr. olds through 1st grade. It can be a challenge some days, especially when everyone shows up, but I genuinely love children, so it's a good job for me. I'm actually taking a break for a few weeks so that I can attend a parenting class also offered at the church. So far, it's been WONDERFUL!!!

Next week, I have my 10-year high school reunion. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not looking forward to it. High school wasn't exactly the best time in my life, so I'm a little on edge. But, there are a few people that I am really looking forward to catching up with. Pics will be included in all reunion updates...

Joel is always really busy in the summer. He works so many hours that sometimes I don't get to see him very much. He is taking some time off to go to my reunion with me. We're also both getting ready to take a week off at the end of the month/beginning of August for some vacation time (we're also hoping our nephew will be here so we can spend some time with him). Our 7th wedding anniversary is on Aug. 4, so we are going to KC for a few days. I talked Joel into letting me get tickets to a Royals/Red Sox game (I LOVE THE SOX!!!). I don't know about him, but we wouldn't have to do anything else on the trip and I would be happy!!!

Also, both of our daughters' birthdays are during the summer, so we're throwing parties and having family in town and doing all things birthday-related. We've already had Natalie's party. Grace's is coming in 2 weeks, so we're trying to prepare early.

I just realized how long this post is, so I will wrap things up now. It's almost 9 p.m. and I haven't eaten dinner yet, I've been that busy!!!

~Peace...

Comments

Popular Posts