Our 4th of July - 2009

We had a wonderful time with my parents and Joel's parents. There was LOTS of food and LOTS of fireworks. Not only did we shoot our own, but we only live a block from where the city shoots off its fireworks, so we got to watch those from our driveway, as well. Here are some pictures from the evening, though I regret not getting a picture of the best part - my parents' homemade vanilla ice cream... the BEST I've ever had!!!

The spread, albeit half-way eaten...


My mom's infamous chocolate sheet cake...


Swimming fun...





The folks...





Ready for the show!!!






We had a lot of fun and the girls did, too. This is one of my favorite holidays (next to Christmas). I have such wonderful memories from my childhood 4th of Julys. Just need a little rest and I will be ready to do it again next year! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts