Date Night

Last night, Joel and I were lucky enough to get away for a couple of hours without the girls. We had a gift card to eat at a local diner, Louie's Cafe. It's been in Rose Hill for several years now, and the food is AWESOME! The menu has a great variety and everything is always made after you order it, so it's fresh. Joel had a double bacon cheeseburger and fries and I had a mushroom swiss burger and onion rings (bad for the diet, I know...). The only down side was that there were no ketchup or mustard bottles on the tables, just some packets at a condiment station, so we felt a little embarrassed at the mountain of ketchup packets we accumulated during dinner! Joel had to hide some in his fry sack! :-)

After dinner, we went to see "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Renolds. It was hysterical! We both laughed all the way through, though it did have some sentimental parts. I definitely needed the release, and it was nice to get away from things, if only for a couple of hours.

After the movie, Joel and I made a quick Target run to get him some new sunglasses. I don't know if we were just really enjoying each other's company or if we were so tired we were loopy, but we were acting like a couple of giddy teenagers. Joel and I always find it amusing when trying on sunglasses. We like to pick out the most god-awful shades we can find and put them on each other while the other one's eyes are closed. I couldn't stop laughing last night as I found a pair perfect for Joel (I almost couldn't put them on him I was laughing so hard). Tears were streaming down my face - what do you think?


Personally, I think the hearts shape his face well! :-D

Here is a picture of the sunglasses he actually bought:


Definitely not as cool... :-D

When we arrived home, we found this:


We have been letting the girls sleep together for the past few nights in hopes that Grace would want to stay in her bed. So far, it's actually working, for the most part. This was just too cute with Grace's arm over Natalie. I was impressed that they went to bed so well for the babysitter. Too bad they won't do that for us...

Thanks for a great date night, Joel! I love you!

Comments

Popular Posts