Where did July go?

This month has gone by crazy fast! This past week seems to have been the fastest. Joel and I started our vacations this weekend, so that's probably why. Here's a recap of some of our recent vacation activities:

My brother Shawn and his girlfriend Danielle were in town this past weekend. It was really nice getting to spend a couple of evenings with them. Last Friday, we went to an Italian restaurant in Mulvane called Luciano's. It is all authentic and the owner actually came to America from Italy just a few years ago, so he knows his food! Saturday night, we hung out at my parents' house and had dinner. Here are a few pictures from those two nights:






Then, on Sunday, Grace turned 4 (*sigh*). All she wanted to do was eat pizza and go swimming. Finally, a simple party!!! So, we went to the Rose Hill Pizza Hut, had lunch, then went back to our house for cake, ice cream and presents. One of Grace's favorite movies right now is "Barbie and the Diamond Castle." So, she wanted a pink Diamond Castle cake. I also found some cute princess decorations and party hats. Grace insisted that everyone wear a hat!

For her presents, she got a real digital camera (PINK!), another Barbie movie (surprise, surprise), a "Sleeping Beauty" DVD, a Disney Princess memory game and Disney Princess puzzles (among other things). She also got some really cute clothes, but those weren't as interesting! :-D

And, of course, we couldn't leave Natalie out. She also got a camera (but not a real one).

The girls ended up napping after this, so they didn't actually swim until the evening when everyone had gone home. Here are a few pictures from Grace's birthday:





My Grandma and Grandpa Miller (Grace's "greats"). The other great grandparents live in Western Kansas and couldn't make it down. :-(











Monday wasn't too eventful, but for some reason, I still felt busy. Today, I had to get up at 6:45 a.m. to make it to my hair cut appointment by 7:30. I went for a major change. It is definitely shorter, and I decided to bring back some of the curl I used to have. Here's a before and after:




Yes, I stink like perm!!!

After coming home, it was outside for some yard work, then I headed up to my church to help sort and organize for its annual garage sale (to be held 7/30-8/1). There was so much stuff, but luckily, most of it was organized when I got there. I helped sort some knick-knacks and clothes and some holiday stuff. I also did some "shopping" while I was there, picking up a candy machine for Grace, a piggy bank for Natalie, a book and some bedroom drapes for me, and a special treasure, which I will tell you about below. But first, here are some pics of the church (are you tired of pictures yet?):




My treasure is a Hillary Clinton Nutcracker!!! The pictures speak for themselves, complete with "celebrity reviews" on the back of the box!!! I think my brother-in-law Marc would really enjoy this, but I don't know if Joel will want to part with it!!! Check it out:



The evening was capped off with my parents coming over for a complete pot roast dinner (yes, I somehow managed to find time to put one in a crock pot), then the girls went outside to play in the sprinkler and then we went for a walk. I'm pooped!!!




Thank you for taking the time to read this VERY long post!!! More to come later in the week!!!

Comments

Popular Posts