Happy Father's Day!

Today was a busy, but good day for the Koehn household. While Joel always has to work on Sundays (and darn it if Father's Day wasn't an exception), the girls and I get our obligatory church time. Once church was over, we came home and had lunch. I really wanted both girls to take a nap afterward so I could clean my house in peace before my parents came over for dinner. I'm right in the middle of getting ready for a garage sale, so my house is chaotic!

Anyway, Natalie took a nap, but Grace didn't want to sleep (shocker there). So, she helped me clean the basement. I told her that if she wasn't going to take a nap, then she would have to help clean (torture, I know). She did a really good job and didn't complain one bit. In fact, she was excited to clean (I remember those days).

Here's a before and after picture of the basement:


This is only half!!!


It looks much more organized. Plus, now that most of the stuff is going in the garage sale, there is a lot less clutter!!!

After we cleaned the basement, I checked my e-mail on the computer while Grace sat on my lap. Not 2 minutes into my e-mail, Grace was snoring. :-)

I laid her down for a late nap while I started getting dinner ready. Of course, by that time, Natalie was up, so not much of a break for me today...

Joel also had a busy day, as he worked until 5:00, then came home to change the oil in my Trail Blazer and help with the grilling and dinner dishes.

For dinner, we grilled hamburgers, had corn on the cob and Oriental Salad, and we had watermelon and brownies for dessert. I was very careful not to spoil my diet (I've lost 10 pounds so far!). We all had a good time. The evening was capped off with the girls wanting all of us to watch a Barbie movie (I'm sure Joel and my dad just LOVED that!). I think all of us were really tired from the day, because we sat through not 1, but 2 Barbie movies!!!

The dads (Joel and my dad) opened their gifts. We got my dad a picture frame that says, "Papa's Pride and Joy" and put a picture of the girls in it. Joel couldn't open his gift. I renewed his Limbaugh Letter subscription, as it had expired a few months ago. Now he has at least 3 more years of the Rush Limbaugh newsletter. For the record, we got Joel's dad a Bible trivia book, which he has already begun reading.

Here's a picture of my dad, Roger, from Natalie's birthday party. He had rotator cuff surgery on May 26, hence the huge contraption on his torso. He has now downgraded to just an arm sling, but he is still on the mend.


I love you, Dad! Happy Father's Day!

And, of course, here's a picture of Joel. It is a little dated, but he says he really likes this one of him and his girls... awwwww...


Thanks for being such a great dad, Joel! Your 3 girls love you!!!

Happy Father's Day!!!

Comments

Popular Posts