On the road again...

Well, I am taking a short break from traveling to update everyone on our adventures. For the past few days, Joel, me, my mom and the girls have been out in Western Kansas (Oakley) seeing my grandparents and uncle. It was a nice trip, though short. The girls weren't too bad in the car, but it probably didn't help that my mom was in the backseat with them. They get so hyped up when she is with them.

Anyway, while in the boonies, we took the girls to Prairie Dog Town. They both enjoyed seeing lots of prairie dogs, goats, pigs, cows, donkeys, racoons, coyotes, foxes, buffalo, snakes and birds (of all sorts). Grace enjoyed everything except for the turkeys that decided to chase her. She ran, screaming, "Mommy hold you! Mommy hold you!" (we still don't have the pronoun thing down yet). But, all was well when we went to the gift shop and she and Natalie got toy snakes.

We also stopped by the Oakley Country Club for some golfing and some obligatory driving of the golf cart. Grace got to drive for the first time (LOOK OUT), and she also wanted to hit a few balls. The funniest was when Joel hit a golf ball and Grace went to retrieve it. She walked up to it and said, "Hi, ball. How's it goin'?" We all got a good laugh!!! And, it was nice seeing family again. We usually only get to see them once a year since they live 5 hours away.

We have been home for a day, but it's not lasting long. As soon as my car gets finished with its tune-up, Joel and I are going (sans kids) to KC for a few days (I believe I eluded to this jaunt in a previous post). This is when the REAL vacation starts. :-)

Kids are napping now (well, Natalie is napping and Grace is up and down, up and down). It's finally giving me a chance to catch everyone up. As soon as I have access to my home computer (on a laptop at the moment), I will upload some vacation pictures. Sure to be a hoot!!!

Later,
Amber

P.S. On July 21st, Joel and I became the proud uncle and aunt of Luke Andrew Friesen. I just realized I haven't updated my blog to mention that. Check out the cute baby at:

marcandsarah.blogspot.com ...

Comments

Sara said…
Happy Anniversary you guys! I of course didn't get a card sent, but I wanted to you to know that I did think of you today! :)

Popular Posts