And you want ANOTHER one???

Joel and I have this game we play. Whenever the girls are acting up or screaming uncontrollably or just pushing every button they can think of, Joel will turn to me and say (in a sarcastic tone), "And you want ANOTHER one???" Without hesitation, I always reply, "YES!!!" He insists one day that he will catch me in a pause and that will be the end of our attempts for a boy.

However, as of late, Joel has had (in my opinion) poor judgment as to the timing of his now expected question. He will ask it when the girls are being cute and cuddly and lovey. Does he think I am going to change my answer? He will then say, "It's not a good time to ask that, is it?"

The only explanation I can conjure for why he has decided to do this is that he truly does enjoy being a dad, and that even if a third turns out to be another girl, he is trying to let me know that he would be OK with that. This has, after all, been his hesitation all along - "too much estrogen"...

But something tells me, with these faces, estrogen is OK...


~A

Comments

Popular Posts