Because... well... life.

I have come to the realization that the series of back-logged blog posts that are waiting in the wings may never be posted. Because... well... life.

As I sat down last night to write what I had hoped would be a masterpiece on the joys of road-tripping with four young girls, I was interrupted by an extremely nervous 9-year-old. Like, epic nervous. And really for no reason other than she is a worrier by nature and frets about anything and everything, especially those things over which she has absolutely NO. CONTROL.

{{It would be fair at this point that I mention she gets it from my side of the family. Not me, specifically. But definitely my genetic line.}}

So, we sat in the bathroom as she swore up and down she was going to be sick (shivering and sweating all the way - full blown panic attack here), and I tried to console her the best I could. I ended up lying in her bed with her, rubbing her back until she we fell asleep. Three hours later, the husband came in to get me.

Blog postponed. Because... well... life.

This morning, I tried picking up where I left off. But, in between taking my 4-year-old to pre-school, fixing the decorations on the wall in her room that my 2-year-old decided to annihilate, spending time with said 2-year-old, picking up the 4-, 7- and 9-year-olds for dentist appointments, getting lunch, returning the older two to school and going to the bank, I literally was left with 2 seconds.

So I took a breath. Air is important.

Blog postponed. Because... well... life.

Right now, I'm actually multitasking while helping my oldest with her math homework. I'd rather be skinning skunks. Because... well... anything is more pleasant than 3rd grade math homework.

And there might be another panic attack coming on because I refuse to cave to her demands of, "You do it for me!" Being 9 is the end of the world.

I can't bring myself to look at her teary-eyed face and say, "Get a grip!" This one supposedly loves school. Deep breaths...

Lots. Of. Tears. She is going to kill me when she discovers this one day...

And because literally just now, my 7-year-old came in the kitchen and said, "Mom, come look what Sydney is doing on the couch..."

I really brought this on myself. I should've said "yes" when I had the chance to be cloned...

It's on her sweatshirt. It's on the couch cushions (and we're already on Side 2 there). It's in her hair. It's all over her.

It's my life.

And now it's my 7-year-old's turn for homework. She is surprisingly the easy one today. She claims to "hate" school, but I'm not buying it.  ;-)

Here she is after practicing her spelling words. She has the challenge word list, and this week, one of her words is "wristwatch."

No tears here!

First grade, folks.

And she nailed it.

So, I haven't heard a peep from my 4-year-old in almost an hour. That can't be good. I pause to go check on her.

She is mesmerized by Bubble Guppies. And Fruit By The Foot. And purple.

So much for that dental cleaning today...

Which brings us to dinner time. Blog postponed again. Because... well... dinner doesn't make itself.

{{And if you're wondering where my other half is during all of this, well, he's bringing home the bacon (I really hope this is both literal and figurative - I love bacon). And actually this evening, he is busy studying for his last CPA test. He's pretty much a figment of our imaginations this time of year.}}

My dinner - spinach, chicken, mixed berries, almonds, goat cheese and a homemade vinaigrette...

Because I'm a master chef. And because I had Sonic tater tots for lunch.


And because apparently I'm a klutz when it comes to can openers.

Bath time now. A few minutes of peace (quiet does not exist in this house). The younger three are taking a bath together. They have strict instructions to not spill any water outside the tub. My guess is that this post will be cut short yet again because I will have a flood to clean up. Because... well... life.

Meet my very good friends...

So, you see, here it is 24 hours later, and I am finally about ready to publish this one single post. I haven't even gotten to my topic of choice yet. I have so many good intentions - so many things I want to share with you all - but they so often get shelved because... well... life.

You'll just have to trust me that we have cool things to post about. Once in awhile, I get the chance to share some of them with you. In 2015, one of my goals is to be more intentional with this blog. I might even get around to posting about that road trip.

For now, please excuse me while I go Shop-Vac the bathroom floor.

Because... well...

~A

Comments

Popular Posts