I'm back!

So, it turns out that taking a year off from blogging has both its ups and downs. On the plus side, I have definitely had more time for life. It's a good thing, too. Last year, I only had three children - now I have four - so things have just gotten crazier for me. I've spent most of my time on Facebook since it does not require as much upkeep as a blog, but this page has definitely been on my mind. I always knew one day I'd come back to it. On the down side, it's taking me a while to remember what the heck I'm supposed to be doing! Hopefully soon, I will have more time to play around and figure things out.

I'm still working full time, but not for much longer. In two days, I will officially be a stay-at-home mommy for the first time in my life. I have always worked, ever since I was 11. I babysat for many years and got my first "real" job at the age of 14. Working has always been something I've wanted to do, but with four little ones at home, my priorities have changed. I never thought I would be able to stay at home - my husband's job in food service and him going back to school in 2009 put a lot of things on hold.

But, now that he has graduated (way to go, Joel!) and started a stable career as an accountant, we are finally at the point in our lives where it just makes sense for me to stay home and raise our family. I'm so glad I won't have to miss out on some of the girls' activities because of work or meetings or traveling. I will just get to be "Mom," and that is the best feeling in the world. I've done my share of sacrificing and I've put in my time for the past 8 years while we've had kids. I've definitely earned this opportunity, so I'm taking advantage of it. Plus, it is something that God has put on my heart (more like threw it at me and pounded it in), and I'm not about to ignore God!  :-)

So, I'm back in the blogging game, so to speak, and I can't wait to share our stories! I hope you enjoy reading about us as much as I enjoy sharing. In the meantime, check out my updated picture of me and all four GIRLS to the left of the blog. It was taken on Easter of this year. And, just in case you need a reminder since I've been gone for so long, we've got Grace, Natalie, Madeline (Maddie) and our newest joy, Sydney.

Can't wait to share more! To be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts