Maddie is PICKY!!!

We have started to integrate formula into Maddie's diet because my milk supply has decreased since going back to work. I'm still pumping and trying to give her as much breast milk as I can, but she's not getting what she needs from that alone.

Well, Maddie doesn't really like formula all that well. She spits it out and refuses to take the bottle (unless there's mommy juice in it). She will only take formula if she is absolutely starving. It worries me that she's not eating all the time like she should, but to Joel's point, "Have you ever seen an anorexic baby?" She will eat when she's hungry enough. We even tried some rice cereal (see below), but she spit it out and made a horrible face.

My other two girls transitioned really well, so I just assumed Maddie would be the same way. My mom said, "She can't be perfect." Even though we're having some feeding issues right now, I still think she is...  :-)

Not sure why this picture is sideways (I've tried to fix it, but to no avail). It is after her first rice cereal experience. The picture above with the bottle is with breast milk (and her first time holding a bottle by herself).

Comments

Popular Posts