More conversations with a 4-year-old

Grace's teacher at her school did an early kindergarten assessment this past week. There were several categories Grace was evaluated on, one of them being oral language. She had to answer some basic questions about herself and life in general. My favorite three responses:

1.) What do you do when you are hungry?
"Take a drink."

2.) If you had a penny, what would you do?
"Lose it."

3.) What are books for?
"I don't know."

Now, she obviously was being stubborn, because we only read about 10 books every night before she goes to bed. And I have to say, she probably came up with her answer for #2 because every time she has money I'm always telling her, "Go put that in your bank before you lose it." I have no idea what she was thinking on #1. She makes us laugh so much!

She was also stubborn on the numbers section when she would only count to 3. That child can count to at least 30, but when she gets in an ornery mood, she doesn't want to do anything. Sounds like someone else I know... :-)

My "Pretty Princess"...

Comments

Popular Posts