Funny story

A little boy who goes to my church was grocery shopping with his mom on Saturday. She is a coffee junkie, so they hit the java isle and he picked a bean. He walked around the store, smelling it profusely, then asked his mom, out of the blue: "Can I stick a coffee bean up my nose?" Then he proclaimed: "It'll stick... really!"

I have no doubt that the bean would have stuck, and I can see his mother belting out a belly laugh as she explained to him that a bean up the nose was probably not the best of ideas. I just marvel at what kids say.

Grace had a funny line the other day, too (actually, she always makes me laugh with the things she says, so it's difficult to pick just one...). We were at the Andover Days parade and she just loved the bands when they marched by. After the final band passed, she belted out: "Hey! Come back! I want more songs!" (her eyes open as wide as they could be and a very excited tone in her voice) In the car on the way back to her grandparents' house, she added: "Mommy, Gracie likes those songs. Gracie want to hear more!" (she speaks in 3rd-person A LOT). :-)

Comments

Popular Posts