At home with a sick toddler

As parents, we come to realize (very quickly, in some cases) that it's never fun when you have to take care of a sick child. That goes double if you, the parent, are also sick. Today, I am not sick (unless you count the massive allergy attack I seem to be having), but my 3-year-old, Grace, is.

She absolutely DID NOT want to go to school today, but Joel and I both really needed to be at work (another "no fun" situation). Joel stayed with the girls for a few hours while I went in to work and completed some necessary assignments. Then, I drove home to stay the remainder of the day while Joel went to work. Grace has a Dr.'s appt. this afternoon (I am fearing bronchitis and do not really want to pay for x-rays). I didn't want to have to take her, but since I work at a bank and yesterday was a holiday, our policy dictates that if you or a dependant are sick on the day before or after a holiday, you need a doctor's note to be excused.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm back in school...

So, we're waiting to go to the doctor. Grace and Natalie are watching a Barbie princess movie and I am paying bills and updating this blog. Oh, the exciting life I lead!!! Let's just hope this isn't contagious!!! I think I'll go see what's in the frige...

~A

Comments

Popular Posts