Reset Button


"Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes. Including you."
~Anne Lamott

Hello, strangers! Thought I forgot about you, didn't you? OK, so seven months is kind of a long time to be away. I guess my goal of being more intentional with the blog this year fell through the cracks. But, I needed a little time away. I needed to hit the reset button.

Sometimes life needs to be lived outside of blogs and Facebook and Instagram. Sometimes, I can get consumed by technology.

So, I've been taking a break from things for awhile to renew and refocus. I've been doing some writing, trying some new recipes, spending more time in the Word. Reading different books, watching new shows on Netflix, going to concerts with friends. I started a prayer journal and have just been taking in life and restoring my soul. Making time for me.

Many of you know it has been an extremely difficult year for me emotionally. Losing my mom has been the worst thing to have to experience. EVER. She left us way too soon, and while I might never understand why, I take some comfort in knowing that I will see her again one day. And I have so many memories to keep me company until that time.

But it's still difficult facing each day without her.

So while I take time to recharge my batteries, I just want you all to know how much I have appreciated your thoughts, prayers and love. I have truly felt God's presence through each and every one of you.

Until next time,
~A
xoxo

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Comments

Popular Posts