The Big 4-0...

I thought this very special news deserved a blog post, so here it is:

This morning, I stepped on the scale and discovered that I hit the 40-pound mark!!! That's right - the BIG 4-0!!! I can hardly believe it, especially when I look back at where I started. I have come so far, despite what my brain wants to tell me sometimes. Little by little, step by step, I have overcome obstacles and setbacks and plateaus (and cookies and cake and pie) to cut my weight by 20% in 6 1/2 months!

If that doesn't deserve some pie, I don't know what does!

Sept 2013

Oct 2013 (after my very first 8-day)

March 2014

April 2014 - 40 pounds gone!!!

In this last picture that I took this morning, I had to tie my shirt up on the other side because it was hanging on me. It was stretched to the max before.

I still have 30 pounds to go before I hit my initial goal of 70 pounds, but it makes me feel really good knowing I'm over halfway there. Results like this are keeping me motivated to continue this lifestyle change. My next "mini goal" is to fit comfortably in my size 10s by May.  :-)

If you would like to know more about some of the weight loss tools in my toolbox, head on over and "like" my health and wellness page on Facebook. You can also send me a private message. I'd love to share my success story with you!

You can also read about how I got started, as well as my continuing journey, in my blog archive.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find some pie.

Cheers!
~A

In everything he did he had great success, because the Lord was with him.
~1 Samuel 18:14

Comments

Unknown said…
So proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been inspired by you :)
Raising Koehns said…
Thanks, Janet! You are looking good, too! Keep it up! :-)
Unknown said…
Amber, I am so proud of you!! You have accomplished an amazing feat!! Not only should you be proud for losing 40 lbs, you should be proud for having set a wonderful example for your girls!! Your four girls have a wonderful Momma!! Love you Amber!!
Anonymous said…
Way to go!!! Delynn
Raising Koehns said…
Thanks, everyone! :-)

Popular Posts