Pictures, Pictures and More Pictures (and an update on me)

What do you get when you haven't blogged in almost a month?

An obscene backlog on picture posts!!!

So, here is our October, in pictures, and at the end, an update on me...

My 34th birthday dinner at my favorite Wichita restaurant: Sumo
*As an added bonus, my brother and his wife traveled from Vail, CO, to see us!


Our Fall Festival parade (Grace's Brownie troop walked)







Grace starts gymnastics!



Fall parties at school




Our trip to South Texas (Corpus Christi area and San Antonio River Walk)


























Natalie's Kindergarten field trip to the pumpkin patch













Halloween!!!

 





If you would like to see more pictures, especially of our trip to South Texas, please visit my Facebook page and look through the albums!

Now, for a short tidbit about me:

I have started another 8-day challenge. I am on Day 2 right now. I lost 1.8 pounds on Day 1!! I have really been doing pretty well with my lifestyle change, though October was difficult with my birthday, our vacation and then Halloween. So many temptations. I indulged, but not OVER-indulged. I only managed to lose 1-2 additional pounds after my first challenge, but the good news is that I didn't gain any of it back with everything going on! I'm hoping this second challenge will get me under the 180-lb mark before Thanksgiving.

At any rate, I'm loving the changes I'm making, how much better I'm feeling, and the compliments I've been getting. The scale may not be moving much, but I must still be losing inches (gaining muscle), because people are definitely noticing a difference. The latest: yesterday at church, an older gentleman came up to me and said, "You're getting skinny!"

Warm fuzzies...  :-)

Giving it all to God again and letting Him guide me through it. Let's do this!!!

Later,
~A
 

Comments

Popular Posts