Happy 1st Birthday, Madeline!!!

Joel has been bugging me for several days now to update the blog. But, it's been a crummy summer and I haven't really felt like blogging much lately.

However, I would be the worst mom EVER if I didn't post Maddie's 12-month stats. On June 29th, this cute little cakes turned 1.


I can't believe it! I really don't remember much about this past year (could be a blessing!). I do know, though, that our little Madeline has made me so happy. Not that my other two girls don't make me happy, because they do... all the time. But, when I want a break from the whining and fighting and "senseless crying" (thank you, Sarah and Marc), I escape to the giggles and babbling and grins of my baby girl.

I got the idea from my sister-in-law Sarah to do a 12-month photo collage with Maddie in the same location each time, just to see how much she was growing month to month. So, here's what we ended up with:

Happy Birthday - 6/29/10

1 month

2 months

3 months

4 months

5 months

6 months

7 months

8 months

9 months

10 months

11 months

1 year - 6/29/11
At her 1-year check-up, here's how she measured:
Height - 26" (10th percentile)
Weight - 19 lbs. (20th percentile)
Head circumference - 17.5" (50th percentile)

In other words, she's petite!  :o)

Here's what she's been up to this past month:
  • Standing by herself
  • Bending down and standing back up without assistance
  • Walking with minimal assistance
  • Throwing a ball
  • Sorting shapes correctly
  • Understanding simple commands
  • Playing "Houdini" with high chairs, strollers, shopping carts, car seats... pretty much anything that straps her down, she will figure a way to get out of!
  • Refusing diaper changes (or making it virtually impossible to do the task)... hey, we had to get to this point sometime, right?
On her real birthday, it was just our little family celebrating with a mini cake for Maddie and cupcakes for the rest of us. We had a big shindig on July 4th with family and friends to officially welcome Maddie to the birthday club (cookout, homemade ice cream, homemade ladybug cake [made by me], swimming, fireworks - what more could a girl ask for?).

Happy 1st Birthday, Madeline Noelle!!! We love you lots!!!










Comments

Kim Konecny said…
How Beautiful! You have a precious family. :)
Sorry I'm just now leaving a comment...I took a break during our vacation from looking at blogs (only because I didn't take my laptop with me). But, Happy Birthday Maddie! (And, I'm glad you too could "coin" the phrase, Senseless Crying, in your household).

Popular Posts