Persevering under trial...

I finally got to see Mom last night. Dad watched the girls while I went and kept her company. I miss her so much, and the girls miss her, too. We can't wait for her to come home...

On the way to the hospital, I was feeling discouraged. K-Love was playing one of its "Behind the Music" segments, and it was on Laura Story's "Blessings." Laura talked about how she found comfort in James 1:2 when her husband was having health issues, and how that verse was the inspiration for her song. As soon as I got home last night, I looked it up, then I listened to her song.

How does God do that? He knew exactly the message I needed to hear, when I needed to hear it most. He's got the best timing...

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance... blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." ~James 1:2-3,12

It's so hard, but it's so worth it.

I love you, Mom. Hang in there...

Comments

Kim Konecny said…
Amber--
I'm so proud of you! There have been difficult times for your family recently. You keep looking up, girl, and know that your big church family is prayin' for you!

Stacie and I are going to sing this song on July 17 in church. :)

Popular Posts