Back from hiatus - our October...

I've taken a break from blogging and Facebook this past month... not really an intentional break, but I guess it was needed. I was starting to become too reliant on my computer time and I decided to spend that time with my girls instead. But, I miss my computer time... I NEED my computer time. When I'm typing at the keyboard, I feel the stress from the day just flowing out of me.

So, I'm back to get everyone caught up on this past month. I apologize in advance if anyone suffers from "photo overload." Here we go...

Koehn Family Birthday Dinner
At the beginning of the month, Joel and I got together with his family to celebrate my birthday and my brother-in-law Marc's birthday. Marc turned 36 on Sept. 25 and I turned 31 on Oct. 16. We chose a date somewhere in the middle to celebrate. As always, the food was amazing. I received another set of Fiesta dishes (I still haven't received all the sets I registered for when we got married 9 years ago). I have 3 more sets to obtain. I also got a Barnes and Noble gift card and a KU doorknob hanger (Marc got a Texas Longhorns one). Here are a couple of photos from the evening:


---------------------------------------------------

Maddie
Maddie has gotten so much more interactive this past month. She is so inquisitive and she loves to hold things and put things in her mouth. She even rolled over for the first time this past month! Here she is on her Tummy Time mat:


---------------------------------------------------

Rose Hill Fall Festival Parade and Pumpkin Patch
This is our own little family tradition that Joel and I started I think 4 years ago. On the day of the Rose Hill Fall Festival (2nd weekend in October), we take the girls down to eat at our church's pancake feed, then we stay for the parade. Afterward, we drive up to Towanda to eat at the Gambino's Pizza restaurant (our fave!) and out to Walter's Pumpkin Patch just north of El Dorado. This year, the girls actually got to be in the parade with their day care/preschool float, and I walked beside them. Joel and Maddie sat and watched the parade and took our picture. I think the girls were all "paraded" out by the end. After all, it was their 2nd parade in as many weekends (the Andover Days parade was the Saturday before). Here are some photos of this fun day we share every fall:


---------------------------------------------------

Straight No Chaser Concert
For a belated b-day gift to myself, Joel and I went to Salina on Oct. 21 to the Stiefel Theater to see an AMAZING a capella singing group called Straight No Chaser. I first became a fan of this group a few years ago after seeing one of their performances on YouTube. I haven't been able to get enough since then! They are awesome! The concert was well worth the nearly 2-hour drive. We had really great seats, too! One downside to the experience - I discovered that my camera only takes 3-min. videos, max. So, while I was recording some of their songs, my camera would stop after 3 minutes. I'd have to push the record button again, missing some of the song, or getting the end of the song completely cut off.  :-(  Oh, well. At least I can still hear them in my head! I will post some of that video in another blog update. For now, here are a couple of still pictures (sorry about the poor flash quality):


---------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this enormously long post. I feel better now that I've gotten caught up on several posts. Come back soon to read more about the Koehn household happenings!  :-)

Comments

Popular Posts