Early B-Day Present (to myself)...

I am a HUGE fan of TV and radio host Glenn Beck. And when I say HUGE, I mean an enormous, gigantic, giant, mammoth, colossal, titanic fan!!!

I recently purchased his book "Common Sense," which was inspired by patriot Thomas Paine. The book also included Paine's version of "Common Sense," written during this country's Revolution. This was also part of my father-in-law's birthday gift from us. It was amazing. I truly admire these men for saying what needs to be said during a time when so many won't.

But, I digress...

Anyway, I am part of a book club that e-mails me when new releases are about to come out. If I want, I can pre-order copies before the public can buy them. Today in my inbox was an advertisement for Beck's latest book, "Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government." The club was offering a special deal: a limited edition collector's book, numbered and autographed by Beck - for only $30.00!!!

Of course, I jumped at this chance. The book doesn't come out until Sept. 22, but I already have my order placed. I'm considering it my birthday present to myself, even though my b-day isn't until Oct. 16. And, it will be autographed, so that's a bonus!

Here's a picture of the book. It also comes with a leather collector's box (left):

I soooooooooooo can't wait to read it!!! :-D

Comments

Popular Posts